digital.brarian

Thursday, February 09, 2006

"Adult" Services

Someone posted recently to PubLib inquiring what readers call the "Adult Department."

Two female patrons in my search engines class today were 'afraid' to click on the link for the "adult news blog" until I explained it was only designating it different from teen or youth. They were seriously thinking that anything on the web labeled adult is 'naughty'. Nice ladies though! :)


I had everybody in class click on it then so they could all see that it was just the news section of our website. Brief segue into how a blog page is organized, and let them know they could subscribe to get our news.

Many of us calling it Adult Services have corresponding links on our website.
I can't imagine what they might think "Adult Programs" are about!

It made me wonder how many of our patrons are sitting at home, afraid to click!

Maybe I should rename from Adult News Blog to News Blog for Adults?

1 Comments:

  • Maybe it's attracting some people who don't usually visit libraries... might not be a bad thing, eh? :)

    By Blogger Ivan Chew, At 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home