digital.brarian

Thursday, January 26, 2006

WGN News - Senior Citizens Blog!

Breaking news!
Seniors blog. Seniors have free time to spend blogging.

Do you offer a "How to get started blogging" class for seniors? Please comment!

CoD student calls blogs "static."

Facebook is hot.

See the entire story from Wed. night's broadcast.

Scroll down to local news video, and click on the "Cyber Seniors" story.
They already deleted this from the index.

They featured Oak Park, IL blogger Jim Bowman on the segment.

Link to Jim Bowman's Blogger profile and his 4 blogs.
Blithely, Blithely
Chicago Newspapers, The Blog
The Churches
Oak Park, Home of Edgar Rice Burroughs

2 Comments:

  • I love the idea of seniors blogging! My father was nursing home bound and passed away before the blogging phenomenon emerged. He certainly would have been part of the senior blog community.

    By Blogger Mrs.Bowllan, At 10:47 AM  

  • I think the Internet as a whole has truly opened the world to everyone. Seniors have found new resources and friends while remaining connected all from the convenience of their own homes.

    My Mom actually shopped for her last home on the Internet! She finds stuff I didn't know about, and this is my business.

    However, there are too few resources that teach seniors the basics of computing. Many, like my Mom had to start at the absolute beginning, "This is how you turn it on", "Yes, you turn it off by going to Start", "No, you can't break it just by using it."

    I had started putting all of our lessons together in a pamphlet for her and have since turned the lessons into the HelpForWebBeginners.com website.

    I don't yet have an entry on blogging, but perhaps I should add it to the list for future topics.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home