digital.brarian

Monday, March 27, 2006

Somebody's Listening

On my library's blog...

Friday, March 17th, I posted a podcast of some interviews with teens at one of our gaming events.

Now that Feedburner has features that will count downloads of the file, I can tell you that there have been 49 downloads of that audio file.

A podcast about Managing your borrower account (how to see what you have out, renewing online, reviewing holds, etc.) was podcast March 21st and has already been downloaded 23 times.

I would have been blown away if I ever had 23 people come to a computer program at the library, but 23 downloads in less than a week? Wow!
Then I wondered, how many listeners are you librarian types who are subscribed to Lansing's feeds out of curiosity. (If you are don't feel bad!) We have some great stuff coming in April!!!

If you'd like to give me a better idea of the numbers, drop me an email nomextra [at] sbcglobal [dot] net

2 Comments:

  • I told the head of our Children's dept. about that set of interviews and she got really excited and interested in the possibilities for our library. So your work is having impact!

    By Blogger Greg Schwartz, At 6:08 AM  

  • Doing a podcast of the interview with teens was brilliant. And thanks for the tip on feedburner.

    By Blogger Ivan Chew, At 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home