digital.brarian

Monday, March 13, 2006

Improve Podcast Sound Quality for Less than $50

Wow!

I'm (finally) testing out my new computer gadget.
The Griffin iMic (PC or Mac)

I'm still using the same ($10) microphone as before, but what a difference in sound quality!

It's basically an external sound card, and a lot of the background static in previous recordings is gone. It seems to record at a much higher volume too, as I did have some feedback that a prior presentation was too quiet, despite the fact I had tried to boost the volume in Audacity on the parts that needed it.

I heard about this gadget on a podcast about podcasting (sorry, I don't remember which one...it may have been Podcast Tools.)

You can pick up one of these from Amazon (via Target) for less then $40.

Hear the difference on my Griffin iMic Test

No editing was done to the clip. Same microphone used both times. Same distance from the mic. The middle part that is really hard to hear is without the iMic. Recorded with Audacity.

You'll have to listen to the sound clip to hear what other cool things you can do with an iMic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home