digital.brarian

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Live, from LPL! Our podcast!

LPL's first official podcast! I've created a separate podcast feed for this blog.

Science Project Strategies


I used Audacity and recorded directly to the laptop.

Challenges faced: Gail had a bad cold. Somehow, remarkably, she made it through her entire presentation without coughing. Gail, Patty & I had not had a chance to do a "dress rehearsal" beforehand because I was at a conference.

Unexpected: Gail said she forgot the microphone was there! :)

I apparently say OK a lot in my presentations. I also said "um" a few times but with the magic of technology, you won't hear that! :)

Learning experience: In retrospect, we should have printed out the powerpoint so we would know when to change slides. This was the first joint presentation we've ever attempted.

I had to adjust the audio in some spots so you can hear people's questions, and at a few points when Patty interjected some additional info from the side of the room.

I'll be posting this from the library site probably Monday, maybe Tuesday.

The local newspaper interviewed us before the presentation began, and the article ran today.

Thanks to RadioDaddy for the intro & outro audios. Thanks to Greg for mentioning them once on Open Stacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home