digital.brarian

Friday, October 28, 2005

Stop Phishing

I just got a spoof e-mail that appeared to be from Paypal.com

Not the first, probably not the last.

As usual, I reported it to spoof [at] paypal.com

They responded with their letter telling me how to spot spoofs, but it mentioned a toolbar called SafetyBar.

This software is now available from Cloudmark. They have Cloudmark Desktop (Outlook & Outlook Express) and Cloudmark Anti-Fraud Toolbar (IE).

Free 15-day trial, then $39.95 for Cloudmark Desktop.
Cloudmark Anti-Fraud Toolbar is free (beta.)

Hmmm. $39.95 so I don't give my account info to the Nigerian bank scam?

That's OK, I'll keep my $39.95 but this could be a good idea for the computer users who aren't as frugal, or who have trouble recognizing phishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home